est. 1928(girls, grades 2-9) Grade levels are defined as entering grades in Fall 2018.
View the sample schedule
. Schedule subject to change. Activities that are offered in multiple weeks create different projects or have different themes, building on the fundamentals of the activity. Prior weeks are not required for subsequent offerings of the same activity.
Campers swim every day at Cranbrook's Williams Natatorium
. Swim tests are conducted on the first day. Campers who fail or prefer not to take the test are supplied with life jackets and remain in the shallow end of the pool. Campers are allowed to retake the test at any time. The Natatorium staff include a certified pool manager, certified lifeguards, and our trained camp staff who serve as lookouts. 2018 Update:
Swimming is available all eight weeks of camp.
Campers may choose to attend field trips during the middle three or four weeks of camp. In 2017, field trips included Troy Gymnastics, C.J. Barrymore's, and AirTime Trampoline. Field Trips are additional fees and are added to the registration portal for purchase during camp. Campers wishing not to participate remain at camp and enjoy normally scheduled activities.
Ages, Groups, and Buddy Requests
Campers are divided into age appropriate groups. Buddy requests are considered in order received and fulfilled as best as possible. Groups are emailed to parents/guardians the week prior to camp.
Lunch, Snacks, and Allergies
Lunches and snacks are included in tuition and are provided by Chartwells Dining Services. They are a nut-free organization who cater Cranbrook Schools’ meals during the academic year. Menus are provided in the Parent Welcome Packet and in the Document Center
. Special arrangements can be made for campers with food allergies. Lunches are served in the Cranbrook Kingswood Upper School - Kingswood Dining Hall
Extended Care, Bus Service, and Swim Lessons
- Extended Care offers activities, games, and open time outside and in the gym as early as 7AM and as late as 6PM. Afternoon care includes a snack. Extended Care is located at Cranbrook Lower School Brookside. Campers are bused to/from camp each day. Extended Care is also a nice option for families with multiple children attending more than one of our camps to reduce the number of pick up points; parents/guardians simply pick up and drop off all children attending Extended Care at Brookside.
- Bus Service is available to shuttle campers to and from specific stops in Birmingham (8:10 AM / 3:45 PM), Rochester Hills (7:45 AM / 3:45 PM), Royal Oak (7:50 AM / 4:05 PM), Troy (8:10 AM / 4:10 PM), and West Bloomfield (7:45 AM / 3:45 PM). Campers not picked up in time will be bused to Extended Care.
- Swim Lessons are offered for Grades 1-5 as group lessons by the week after the camp day and last 35 minutes. Campers are picked up at Cranbrook's Williams Natatorium.
- These options can be combined to meet your needs. For example, you can choose the morning Bus Service and afternoon Extended Care.
- Logistical information for these additional options will be provided in the Parent Welcome Packet closer to the start of camp.
Communication & PhotosParents/guardians are emailed a newsletter each week that includes a recap from the prior week, highlights for the following week, field trip information, updated group lists, lunch and snack menus, and merchandise available for sale. Daily camp photos are taken and posted in the Photo Gallery to view, post, and purchase.
Staff, Training, and Accreditation
Tuition and Fees
The camp includes a Director, Assistant Directors, an Office Administrator, Instructors, and Counselors. Each group has one or two counselors who remain with the campers throughout the day and take them to each of the instructional areas. All staff are trained by the Director of Special and Summer Programs
, the Camp Nurses, Public Safety, and other internal departments. The camp is accredited by the American Camp Association
to ensure the highest standards in safety, training, and programming. Staff are offered annual professional development and certification. The camp is also licensed through the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Note: Option prices are prorated for the week of July 2 since camp is closed on July 4.For more information
- Tuition: Full (8 Weeks) $2570, Half (4 Weeks) $1410, Partial (1 Week) $395 (Week 3 $355)
- Discounts: 1) Early Enrollment for Full $100, Half $50; use code WEB18; 2) $50 each additional session (auto)
- Includes: Lunch, AM/PM Snacks, Camp T-shirt, Baseball cap
- Extras: Field Trips ranging $15-30; offered during camp
- Options: Extended Care ($75/week AM, $95/week PM), Bus Service ($90/week or $45/week one-way), Swim Lessons ($75/week), Monthly Payment Plan (free)
on the Schools’
camps, request information
or contact Special and Summer Programs
or (248) 645-3674.