(coed, ages 3-4)
Using a rotating schedule, half-day Tots enjoy each activity every other day while full-day Tots attend each activity every day. In Science and Nature class, Tots enjoy nature walks around Cranbrook’s historic campus. They also get to enjoy time in the playground. A higher staff-to-camper ratio in this program assures that even first-time Tots feel secure and cared for while exploring a safe and nurturing, fun filled environment. View the sample schedule
. Schedule are subject to change. Activities that are offered in multiple weeks create different projects or have different themes, building on the fundamentals of the activity. Prior weeks are not required for subsequent offerings of the same activity. Water Fun Days
Full-day Tots enjoy fun in outdoor water activities near the Early Childhood Center building including mini-pools, sprinklers, toys, and more. There are three Water Fun Days each week in the afternoons.
Ages, Groups, and Buddy Requests
Tots are assigned to groups. Buddy requests are considered in order received and fulfilled as best as possible. Groups are emailed to parents/guardians the week prior to camp.
Lunch, Snacks, and Allergies
- FULL-DAY CAMPERS: Lunches and snacks are included in full-day tuition and are provided by Chartwells Dining Services. They are a nut-free organization who cater Cranbrook Schools’ meals during the academic year. Menus are provided in the Parent Welcome Packet and in the Document Center. Special arrangements can be made for Tots with food allergies. Tot lunches are served family style in the Brookside Dining Room.
- AM-ONLY CAMPERS: Campers will be in activities until dismissal at noon. They will have an AM snack, but will not eat lunch at camp.
Extended Care offers open time outside and in the gym, games, and activities as early as 7AM and as late as 6PM. Afternoon care includes a snack.
Communication & PhotosParents/guardians are emailed a newsletter each week that includes a recap from the prior week, highlights for the following week, field trip information, updated group lists, lunch and snack menus, and merchandise available for sale. Daily camp photos are taken and posted in the Photo Gallery to view, post, and purchase.
Staff, Training, and Accreditation
The camp includes a Director, Assistant Director, Office Administrator, Instructors, and Counselors. Each group has one or two counselors who remain with the Tots throughout the day and take them to each of the instructional areas. All staff are trained by the Director of Special and Summer Programs
, the Camp Nurses, Public Safety, and other internal departments. The camp is accredited by the American Camp Association
to ensure the highest standards in safety, training, and programming. Staff are offered annual professional development and certification. The camp is also licensed through the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Children must be fully potty-trained to participate in camp.
Tuition and Fees
For more information
Note: Option prices are prorated for the week of July 2 since camp is closed on July 4.
- Tuition Full Day: Full (8 Weeks) $2570, Half (4 Weeks) $1410, Partial (1 Week) $395 (Week 3 $355)
- Tuition Half Day: Full (8 Weeks) $1285, Half (4 Weeks) $705, Partial (1 Week) $235 (Week 3 $215)
- Fees: Rush Enrollment if within 21 days prior to start of session $35 (one time per camper per season)
- Discounts: $50 each additional session (auto)
- Includes: Lunch for Full Day, AM/PM Snacks, Camp T-shirt
- Options: Extended Care ($75/week AM, $95/week PM), Monthly Payment Plan (free)
on the Schools’
camps, request information
or contact Special and Summer Programs
or (248) 645-3674.