|One of Cranbrook Kingswood Upper School’s goals is to encourage students to explore and appreciate their own physical potential and to recognize their responsibility to a team by participation in interscholastic competition.|
The athletic program at Cranbrook Kinsgwood is meant to contribute to this goal by providing a supportive, nurturing and challenging program of interscholastic athletics and vibrant after-school activity program. Desirable outcomes include the development of skills, both general and sport specific, teamwork, self-discipline, pride, loyalty, tolerance, respect for others, confidence, perseverance, sportsmanship and citizenship.
- Progress in sequential sport skills, physical, mental and emotional development.
- Attain a level of fitness necessary for sport.
- Develop a positive mental attitude and strong sense of self.
- Develop personal management skills.
- Develop personal goals and a plan for attaining those goals.
- Understand rules and concepts relevant to sport.
- Strive for playing excellence and experience the value of team play.
- Experience the benefits of teamwork, self-discipline, loyalty, tolerance and perseverance.
- Value good sportsmanship, respect others, and exhibit fair play as a participant.
- Participate regularly and value the role of physical activity in the maintenance of a healthy lifestyle.
Athletics :: Sports Teams & Scores
Athletics :: Upper School
Athletics :: Middle School
Athletics :: Sports Medicine
Upper School Associate Athletic Director
Upper School Associate Athletic Director for External Programming